University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors, Inc. (UMEC–CA) worked with the design team to help the Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion achieve a LEED Gold certification.
Our solutions helped the facility out-perform the California Energy Code’s Title 24 energy requirements by 20 percent.
The client needed comprehensive HVAC and plumbing solutions in compliance with the Office of Statewide Health Planning and Development regulations (OSHPD-3) throughout their new outpatient pavilion.
UMEC–CA provided design-assist, HVAC, and plumbing services for approximately 150,000 square feet of OSHPD-3 compliant outpatient and clinical facilities.
Our HVAC solutions included:
- Seven air handlers totaling 170,200 cubic feet per minute
- 24 supply/exhaust fans totaling 191,100 cubic feet per minute
- 370 supply variable air volume boxes
- 270 return tracking boxes
- 38 valves
Our plumbing solutions included:
- 527 plumbing fixtures
- 22 roof/overflow drains
- Two water heaters
- 120-gallon storage tanks sets
- 3,000-gallon condensate recovery tank
- Three domestic hot water pumps
- Duplex sump pump
- Medical vacuum pump
- Two medical air compressors
The Koman Family Outpatient Pavilion is a clinical facility on UC San Diego Health's La Jolla campus that houses the disease centers for musculoskeletal health, breast health, urology, and more.