We were able to help the client achieve higher energy-efficiency through the use of cogeneration. Our solutions reduced the load on their utility infrastructure while providing the ability to cool the existing casino and a new hotel tower.
The San Manuel Bank of Mission Indians needed to upgrade their casino’s combined heat and power (CHP) plant. This plant needed to provide chilled, domestic hot water, heating hot water, and electrical power for the existing casino and a new 17-story hotel tower.
UMEC–CA’s solutions included installation of:
- Two 2.2-megawatt reciprocating engine generators
- Two 1,500-ton electric chillers
- 1,200-ton absorption chiller
- Heat exchangers
- Two air compressors
- Three chilled water pumps
- Two hot water pumps
- 3,000-gallon urea tank
- Six 1,000-ton cooling towers
- Predictive emission system
- Three condenser water pumps
- Four diesel engine generators
The San Manuel Yaamava’ Casino is the largest casino in California and on the West Coast.