University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors, Inc. (UMEC–CA) provided HVAC, plumbing, and process piping solutions to support an an extremely fast-paced pharmaceutical manufacturing buildout of an existing tilt-up office building. The facility was intended for production of a component of COVID-19 vaccines.
We expertly managed our services to help ensure that the overall project, from design through completion, could be constructed and handed over to the owner in less than eight months.
Thermo Fisher Scientific needed HVAC, plumbing, and process piping systems for a new biotech facility manufacturing COVID-19 vaccine.
UMEC–CA’s solutions included:
- More than 120,000 pounds of galvanized steel sheet metal
- More than 20,000 pounds of stainless steel sheet metal
- Eight new air handling units
- 93 constant air volume terminal units
- 100 HEPA diffusers
- Two bag-in/bag-out HEPA filter housings
- New central plant piping
- Steam boiler skid
- Nearly 10,000 feet of hydronic piping
- Two process chillers
- TCHW and PCHW
- Process waste system with pH neutralization and biokill skids
- Bulk gas distribution (oxygen/nitrogen)
- Compressed air generation and distribution
- Tempered water system
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an American supplier of scientific instrumentation, reagents and consumables, and software services.