University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors (UMEC-CA) provided design-assist expertise, HVAC, and plumbing solutions for this project, which included the installation of a central plant on-site.
Takeda California needed design-assist services for HVAC and plumbing systems at their 155,000-square-foot, four-level laboratory and office facility. Our expertise in crafting unique solutions for cutting-edge facilities made us the ideal candidate for the project.
For this project, we:
- Installed complete HVAC systems, including:
- Boilers, air handlers, and chillers
- Fume hoods, pumps, vacuum pumps, and an air compressor
- Deionized water skid
- 6,750 feet of copper for air systems and 25,425 feet of copper for water systems
- 976 feet of steel pipe for gas systems
- 222,230 pounds of custom ducts for air distribution
- Designed and installed plumbing and mechanical systems for:
- Wet and dry lab systems
- Vivarium spaces
- Biology, chemistry, and pharmaceutical labs
- Structure-based drug design, drug metabolism and pharmacokinetics, and bacTRAP labs
- High-performance liquid chromatography, mass spectrometer, and nuclear magnetic resonance test facilities
- Chemical waste, cold room, and freezer farm systems
- Conference rooms, offices, server room, kitchen and dining area, restrooms, and showers.
Takeda California, Inc. is Takeda Pharmaceutical Company Limited’s innovative research and development center in San Diego.