University Mechanical & Engineering Contractors, Inc. (UMEC-CA) designed and installed mechanical, plumbing, and HVAC systems for UC San Diego’s new engineering school facility. The project achieved LEED Platinum certification.
To meet the needs of its growing student population, the UC San Diego Jacobs School of Engineering added 200,000 gross-square-feet of laboratories, classrooms, faculty offices, meeting space, and an auditorium.
The client needed an innovative and sustainable research laboratory. They chose UMEC-CA because of our experience in sustainable technology solutions.
For this project, we:
- Delivered building information modeling (BIM) mechanical and plumbing models
- Installed high-plume lab exhaust fan systems
- Designed and installed custom air handling units and lab gasses, vacuum, and waste systems
- Installed heat recovery chilled water systems, condensate recovery, and other specialty processed water systems
- Equipped direct digital control building automation
The University of California San Diego is one of the top institutions in the nation for higher education and research.